Minecraft can crash on your computer and close the game. In such cases, the game reports an error. There are various reasons why Minecraft may keep on crashing on startup. It may be because of bugs in the game, the game mods you are using, corrupt game files, or failure to update the graphics card driver.
Luckily, there are several ways in which you can quickly fix the crash. But how to stop Optifine from crashing Minecraft?
If you are desperate because Minecraft keeps crashing, this article will give you the solutions you need. There are several options; pick the one that works for you.
How To Stop Optifine From Crashing Minecraft?
Following are a few ways to stop Optifine from crashing in Minecraft:
- Toggle off the beta version of the launcher in settings.
- Change a few settings in Optifine.
- Restart or reboot your computer.
- Update your game.
- Ensure your Graphics Card Driver is up to date.
- Turn off VBOs for Minecraft.
Below I’ve mentioned each of these methods in-depth and have guided you step-by-step.
Simple Ways On How To Stop Optifine from Crashing Minecraft
Are you playing Minecraft with Optifine, but it keeps on crashing even after uninstalling and reinstalling the mod? There are plenty of ways to fix the “error code 0.”
This is an easy process of fixing the problem without going to the file. Just follow the following simple steps:
- Firstly, open up your Minecraft launcher.
- Click on the settings icon at the bottom left corner.
- On the page that opens up click on General.
- Toggle off the first option, “Use beta version of the launcher.” When this option is on, your game will keep on crashing.
- After turning off the beta version of the launcher, close off the Minecraft launcher and start again.
- It will update; you have to wait for a few seconds for the updating process to be complete. Press play, and Voila! The crash issue Is no more.
You can watch this small Youtube Video, which will visually show you the steps that I just discussed above.
All you have to do to stop Optifine from crashing on your game is:
- In the first step, go to your launcher > Options of > Optifine.
- Go to the Video Settings, turn off Smooth FPS.
- Scroll down to the third last option on the resulting screen; “fast math – false.”
- Highlight and delete this option.
- Save your setting.
- Start the game again and click play; this should work.
You can even run Minecraft faster without optifine on a low-end PC, just refer to the settings that I’ve mentioned here – How To Make Minecraft Run Faster Without Optifine?
Other Ways To Fix Minecraft Crashing
Apart from the two methods, there are other solutions to help you resolve the issue. These include:
Pro-tip: You should ensure that your PC meets the minimum requirements to play Minecraft. Low system specifications slow Minecraft and can even crash your game.
Solution 1: Restart Or Reboot Your Computer
You all know the fundamental way to resolve most technical problems in computers. You may be surprised at the charming effect a restart program can have. Just a simple restart on your computer can help fix the issue.
To restart your PC:
- First, close the game.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Minecraft and check whether the issue persists.
Solution 2: Update Your Game
Bugs in the game can cause it to crash. Mojang regularly releases game patches to fix bugs and generally improve Minecraft. All you have to do is download the patches and install them to keep your game up to date.
Updating Minecraft helps fix some bugs that are likely to crash your game. Besides, you can also opt to download the latest Minecraft version. If you are using Optifine or any other mods,
- First, remove the mods.
- Uninstall Minecraft.
- Install the latest version of Minecraft on your computer.
- Download and install Optifine that is compatible with your Minecraft version.
Solution 3: Ensure Your Graphics Card Driver Is Up To Date
If your Windows lacks or has an outdated graphics driver, Minecraft may crash. You should update your graphics card driver to fix the issue. You can either update it manually or automatically.
To manually update your graphics driver, go to your card manufacturer’s website, download and install the correct graphics card driver.
On the other hand, to automatically update your graphics driver:
- First, download and install Driver Easy.
- Scan your system by running Driver Easy.
- Click on the Update button to download the correct graphics card driver and install it on your computer.
- Finally, restart your computer and relaunch your game.
Solution 4: Turn Off VBOs For Minecraft
Enabling VBOs in Minecraft can result in a crash. To turn off VBOs in your Minecraft settings, go to settings > Video Settings > toggle off the Use VBOs option & restart your PC then open the game.
On the other hand, if the game crashes and you cannot launch Minecraft, you can open the game and turn off VBOs in your Minecraft file.
- Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Type %APPDATA%\.minecraft in the run box that appears.
- Then click Ok to open the .minecraft folder.
- Go to options.txt file> options.txt
- Change useVbo to false.
- After this, save the file and restart your computer.
- Now try your game again.
Solution 5: Avoid Overclocking Your CPU
Every computer has its CPU clock speed rate. To overlock is to set the CPU and memory to run faster than their official speed grade. Overlocking may cause Minecraft to crash. Ensure that you set your CPU clock speed rate to its default settings.
These are the different ways you can stop Optifine from crashing Minecraft or fixing the crash issue. If Optifine keeps crashing your game, you can try out the first two methods.
If they don’t work, try restarting your computer, updating your game, Configuring the correct VBOs settings on Minecraft, or updating your graphics driver pack.